Fleet Assist Limited ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our contracts with our customers, suppliers, third parties and any other documents referred within them) sets out the basis upon which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
For the purpose of UK laws regarding data protection and privacy (“Data Protection Law”), the data controller is Fleet Assist Limited of 1 Sovereign Court, Lancaster Way, Ermine Business Park, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE29 6XU.
Personal Information We May Collect From You
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include information where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store, transfer and process personal information about you using different methods as follows:
Personal Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms, either in paper or on our site www.fleetassist.co.uk (“our site”), by submitting a job application, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. When you correspond with us by phone we may record that phone call. This includes personal information you provide when you subscribe to our services, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information and photograph.
Automated technologies or interactions
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- "technical data", including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- "usage data", namely information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products and services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Personal Information we receive from other sources
We work closely with third parties (for example, leasing, contract hire and fleet management companies, repair agents, and roadside assistance providers) and may receive information about you from them so that we can provide our services. In this case we will inform you when we collect that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site.
Uses Made Of Your Personal Information
We will only use personal information held about you when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you/your company and us or between you/your company and one of our customers and to provide you/your company with the information, products and services that you/your company requests from us;
- to provide you/your company with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about. This is necessary for our legitimate interest in studying how our customers use our services, to develop our services, and to grow our business;
- to notify you/your company about changes to our service. This is necessary for performing our contract and for our legitimate interest in providing information about our services, developing our services and growing our business;
- to process and monitor bookings made by or on behalf of you/your company including bookings made via and/or stored on our booking system. This is necessary for the performance of a contract with you/your company;
- if you or the company you work for are a supplier to us or our customers, to assist our customers in managing their fleet of vehicles and to allow them to contact you/your company about the provision of the services you/your company may be providing to them. This is necessary for the performance of a contract with you/your company;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer. This is necessary for our legitimate interest in running our business, the provision of administration and IT services, and network security;
- where you have applied for an employment opportunity, to process and evaluate the merits of your application in accordance with our legitimate interests in recruiting staff;
- where it is otherwise necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, system maintenance, reporting and hosting of data, statistical and survey purposes. This is necessary for our legitimate interest in running our business, the provision of administration and IT services, and network security;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer. This is necessary for our legitimate interest in running our business, the provision of administration and IT services, and network security;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so. This is necessary to perform our contract with you, and for our legitimate interests in providing our customers with access to interactive features; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure. This is necessary for our legitimate interest in ensuring network security, preventing fraud and to comply with our legal obligations.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Information
We may share your personal information with any member of our Europe-based group from time to time, and your personal information will be accessed by such of our employees as need to do so for the purpose of providing you with our services. Such disclosure and/or access is necessary for the performance of our contract with you/your company and for our legitimate interests in running our business, developing our services and growing our business).
We may share your information with selected third parties as follows:
- If you are a customer of Fleet Assist, we may share your information with your company and with our suppliers, namely service providers, garages and repair agents, booking systems, roadside assistance/recovery providers, leasing, contract hire and fleet management companies, vehicle suppliers/manufacturers, vehicle logistics companies and/or vehicle rental companies in order for us and our suppliers to provide you with service, maintenance and repair services for your/your company’s fleet of vehicles.
- If you are a supplier of Fleet Assist, we may share your information with our customers, in order for our customers to be able to contact you about the provision of services you may be providing to them;
- If you are a supplier of Fleet Assist, we may share your information with our suppliers, namely, booking systems, roadside assistance/recovery providers, leasing, contract hire and fleet management companies, vehicle suppliers/manufacturers, vehicle logistics companies and/or vehicle rental companies in order to provide customers with service, maintenance and repair services for their fleet of vehicles.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce our agreements with our customers, suppliers and third parties; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Fleet Assist Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal information for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
International Transfers of Personal Information
We do not transfer personal information outside of the European Economic Area.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We will retain your personal data for a period of 48 months from the date on which the provision of our services are completed save in connection with transaction data which we are required to retain for tax purposes for a period of six years after you cease being a customer or supplier.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal information to comply with local law. Please note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal information in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data's accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the “unsubscribe” (or similar) links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal information provided to us as a result of a purchase, service experience or other transactions.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Third Party Websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.